Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Crash Course in Propane Grilling

Crash Course in Propane Grilling...My 1st Infographic.  AEC 2014


We're going to start our weekly cookouts at my job.  It was supposed to start a couple of weeks ago, but the grill we had was toast.  Somebody didn't understand the value of a leak-free cover! It was rusted out like crazy.  I got word today that a new propane grill was on the way this Thursday, just in time for me to fire it up this Friday...great :-/

Don't get me wrong.  I like grilling, but I'm more accustomed to charcoal grills.  This whole tank thing is a little intimidating.  Above all, as the acting foodservice director, I'm supposed to be the expert.  I've been boning up on my propane tank knowledge in an attempt to not blow up the building.  You can find everything on YouTube.  First, open lid...turn gas on...crank a burner...hit the ignite button (watch out for flames)...crank all the burners...close the lid for 10 minutes to get everything heated up.  Sounds easy enough.  I will hopefully get the chance to play around with it on Thursday.  Wish my eyebrows good luck.  I'll keep you posted.

AEC

No comments:

Post a Comment